Choosing a Confirmation Sponsor sjv.org
CHOOSING A CONFIRMATION SPONSOR With the help of your parents, you are responsible for choosing a Confirmation Sponsor. While it is not a decision we want you to rush into making, we... Confirmation 1 - How to choose a Sponsor: Each Confirmation candidate is required to select a sponsor to accompany, support and guide them through the two year Confirmation process.
What is the role of the Confirmation sponsor? CTS
Your sponsor should be willing and able to participate in your formation for Confirmation. The person you choose as your sponsor should be someone that you admire and respect and who actively lives out the beliefs of our Catholic faith.... According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, the role of the Confirmation sponsor is to, “Continue to help the candidate along the road of Christian life, to safeguard and develop the grace given at Baptism and now sealed with the Holy Spirit.” (CCC. 1320)
Choosing a Sponsor for Confirmation sspeterandpaul.net
4/03/2016 · Explore Waco! Much more than Dr Pepper, Baylor University, and Magnolia Market on yoloTX TV - Duration: 22:02. yoloTX - Texas Travel & Lifestyle TV 19,316 views how to choose the right bronzer A confirmation sponsor offers support and encouragement during the confirmation preparation process. Confirmation sponsors need not be of the same gender as the candidate nor do they need to be from the same family.
Guidelines for Choosing THE CONFIRMATION SPONSOR
Choosing a Sponsor for Confirmation . Since Confirmation is the completion of Baptism, the Liturgy of Confirmation is patterned after the Baptismal Liturgy. how to choose who to marry The sponsor can be the godmother or godfather if they’re still practicing Catholics, or he may choose someone else (other than his parents) who’s over the age of 16, already confirmed, and in good standing with the Church. One sponsor is chosen for Confirmation. (Most people have two sponsors, one godparent of each gender, for Baptism.)
How long can it take?
The Journey Why do I need to have a sponsor?
- Choosing Your Confirmation Sponsor
- How To Choose A Confirmation Sponsor St. Clare of
- CONFIRMATION CHOOSING YOUR SPONSOR Clover Sites
- Confirmation Sponsor Guidebook
How To Choose A Confirmation Sponsor
A Sponsor is a person who walks with the candidate on the journey of faith leading to Confirmation. A Sponsor represents the larger Church – the entire community of believers. You, the candidate, choose a Sponsor who is a special kind of friend to you, with whom you can
- 8/07/2008 · Since Confirmation is so linked with Baptism, you may consider choosing one of your godparents for your Confirmation sponsor. As with Baptism, your sponsor is someone other than your parents, because he or she will assist you and your parents in your continued faith formation.
- 4/03/2016 · Explore Waco! Much more than Dr Pepper, Baylor University, and Magnolia Market on yoloTX TV - Duration: 22:02. yoloTX - Texas Travel & Lifestyle TV 19,316 views
- CHOOSING YOUR CONFIRMATION SPONSOR The sponsor whom you choose joins your parents and family in journeying with you throughout the confirmation preparation period. He or she supports you and helps you grow in the life of faith. The sponsor is your challenger and your guide in discovering what it means to be a true witness of Christ. Who should you choose for a sponsor? At baptism …
- Your sponsor should be willing and able to participate in your formation for Confirmation. The person you choose as your sponsor should be someone that you admire and respect and who actively lives out the beliefs of our Catholic faith.